Friday, July 30, 2010

Sweet Partings...!!!

ok...soo let me tell you this..

One semester down..NINE more to go...shooot...thats alot...

but i will get there....these five years might fly by just as this semester flew...right???
sooo no worries...

If you remember how i complained to all saying that the winter and spring was horrible...how we were freezing to death..

Well summer...is WORSE..
i think i know now how i'm going to die...i'm going to die melting...like literally..melting...

The temperature here is like between 40 to 45 degrees and it's warm...as soon as you open the windows the warmth hits on your face and literally burns your skin...

soo i spend most of my time applying moisturizing lotion.. taking a few baths per day..and applying tonics on my face...coz now my face has begun burning...it's bad..i'm scared that i might like get red blotchy patches all over it...My smile is the only talk-able feature i have for myself...*sniff...sniff..

The most funny thing was...the other day one of my friends here in Georgia has updated his facebook status saying..."Stupid heat..i sweat while i bath...and now i sweat while i eat.."...hehehe..thats how bad it is...

This is the time you miss paradise...where everything is evenly balanced...but i heard it's warm out there as well...but still not this bad i suppose...

Well right after exams...We had this awesome celebration...
Where all of us Sri Lankans got together at a nearby park...AND...we bought loads of coke..and chips...ate..and sang baila...and decided to play...

We played Hide and seek in the vast park...
Let me tell you the places i hid..
Beneath Cars...under trees..behind trees..on the grass...under bushes...etc..

Some boys even managed to climb trees...:PPP

The catcher had to touch the person...then the person who is caught becomes an additional catcher...therefore...when Rey and i were hiding under the car with Seu..she got spotted...sooo Rey and i ran out to the road..into an apartment building with around 6 boys trailing after us...and got onto a lift...hehehe...got out on the 6th floor to be caught by two very annoyed boys...hehehe...

sooo it was fun...at the end of the day..we all had bruises...i had a cut across my face...where i hit a tree...hehehe..i know..i didn't see the tree in front of me...ok..it was dark..and plus i lost my hair band...

the boys had torn shirts due to their tree climbings ...scraped knees and elbows...

girls had messy hair with grass... scratched palms...knees...and torn jeans...

But it was worth it...we played till 2 am..and decided to head home...

Because the next day...Since Uni vacation started...More than half of them were going home for the LONG TWO MONTH SUMMER HOLIDAYS...

As you can imagine..i was one of the unfortunate few who was going to be left behind..

I know the boys were looking forward to going home..to eat a proper Sri Lankan rice and curry meal...to meet up with friends....to not do house work...to totally get pampered and all.

The girls wanted a break....a hug from their dad and lovely food...lots of love and family trips...

My clan was going..all of them...my Boys...who always pampered me...took me around...all of them were going home...:(((

The two new girl pals i made..they were going home tooo...:(((

I could have gone home as well...but my mother told me not to come this year...because there are some people who wouldn't like to see me back at home...scary right...:(((..it's a whole new story...will tell you on another day...

The others i realized couldn't afford the Rs.136,000.00 airfare...:(((life is cruel and unfair...
sooo i will have to wait exacly 15 months to see my mother again...:(((

May be God has a plan...

Soo i spent one sleepless night...wondering how much can change during the next two months...
two of my roommates were leaving soo it was going to be only Me and another girl CP..at our apartment..

I mean...We got to know each other...and made these strong bonds of friendships during just 4 and a half months...after 2 months of being apart....will i be a stranger...
:(((
stupid right..but then again..i was seriously depressed that night...had a chocolate bar to relieve myself...:)))

In the next afternoon everyone who was to leave and who was saying good byeeee.. assembled at one apartment..we hired a bus to take them all together to the Airport...

All bags were loaded..teary eyed goodbyees were said...:((
most left..back to their own apartments...and I with my roommate..and 3 seniors who were leaving the next day and another boy from our batch stayed back..

The boys requested that we ride with them to the Airport...there was no room...sooo i stayed back..the four boys found places in the bus...
and my friend squished in...
.............................................................
i was thinking may be i should go home...but the Boys made sure i was in the bus..and i had to sit on the lap...hehehe..of the KID...

Saying goodbye was always hard for me...but that ride to the Airport knowing that i wont be seeing these jolly faces for another 60 days hurt a lot...but i'm not a crying person...soo i just enjoyed the good cheer that was inside the hearts of everyone there who knew that they were going to the best place on earth..BACK HOME..

Many times did my friends remind me that they will keep in touch..
not leave me alone...will keep me updated...
Promised me tons of chocolate...which really cheered me up..
and the hugs i got ..the flying kisses from across the bus...which flew to me...made me realize..that may be God is giving me too much love...but i'm definitely not complaining..:)))

The Kid with constant tugs at my hand...secret smiles..re-assured me in his own way that he is not going to change...but honestly i had my doubts then...:S

At the Air port...we all got down...checked in...sent the luggage and we got to hang around for like half an hour...

This time i honestly wanted to take the KID's ticket...and tear it into million pieces...or steal every one of my friends tickets and run away and hide...

Honestly i almost did it...and then got caught..
:((((

Well with warm Squshi huggs..Loving kisses..and long good byees...My boys and girls left ...

They were going home..

But then again..in exactly 60 days they will be back...
That's the silver lining in my dark cloud..:)))

Sooo let the countdown begin...

God Bless...
Smile Alwaysssss..:))



4 comments:

  1. awwww (followed by 'w' times a million!) :)

    *hugs* Penny, these two months are going to be fun. You have us no? :D

    But you really should've ripped apart the Kid's ticket! >;) Also, who are these bad people who don't want to see you back home? :/ "denna hithenawa wonder bar ekak" :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, that's crap. I can imagine how it's gonna be, but maybe you could just find some places for you to go on your own. If you have a camera in hand, it could never be that boring.

    Or you could go cycling.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Chavie - aaaaawwwwwwww(followed by 'w' times a trillion..)...thank youuu...i know....have you guys just a mouse click away...
    i wanted to...but got caught nuh???that boy has sixth sense...:(((BAD PEOPLE chavieeee...will tell you about it soon...oki???hugsss..

    Sach - hey..thanks for dropping by...i did find places and i'm really enjoying the quiet time...reminding of the camera..need to find mine..asap...
    love to...want to...but need to find one..:P

    ReplyDelete
  4. Whoa! that must be tough, I never knew European countries could get that warm. Lanka is indeed way better. =D

    Now that's some serious hide and seek not even kids would dare to play... hehe.. But it's all sweet and nice.

    And gosh.. the air fare is quite high.. and that sounds really sad having to part with everyone that way. Time does fly real fast.. um.. at times.

    But.. I'm sure you'd do fine cuz you're blessed with tons of awesome pals. ^__^

    ReplyDelete